Wednesday, November 4, 2009

In the beginging...


l-r, sohma Dix, Jupiter Vale, Eisie Etchegaray, Shinra Paine

The Wastlenads started as a joke. A very funny joke that I am sure you just had to be there to get. See, I am prone to walking around The Wastelands and just daydreaming and admiring how wonderful that community of people grew from one sim to many and kept in theme. I really like t hings that look old and forgotton and wrought with time yet still hold onto some semblance of who create and strong humanity can possibly be.

And yes, I also love to play Fallout with my boyfriend.

So I was a wondering around The Wastelands and looking at one of their newer sims built with Gutterblood Spoonhammer when my pals IM'ed me and asked where I was and what I was doing. They know my affection for wandering those parts and two had been there earlier in the day admiring the trees, so they all decided to map me and see what I was gazing at. That is when good ol' Eisie's OCD kicks in and she notices that Wastelands is spelled Wastlenads. Being in the typical Jupiter and sohma (yes, it is a lower case S) fashion, we start making up things about wastelnads and even making up songs. Eisie writes the owner of the land and politely informs him of his spelling mistake and says she hopes his genitals are okay.

Days go on and we keep saying the word such it is a very fun word to say, to the point we make actions with the word and us cheering. I have just recently seriously started to learn how to build which has re-invigorated my friends in wanting to build more. Also due to my wandering nature, I just happen to stumble upon some amazing builds, clothing, and environments. Being an artist, i am drawn to something wonderfully built in not the typical cookie cutter fashion. My friends having a penchant for weird (well, they deal with me and are kindd off in their heads as well), know of so many people/places/things as well.

we turned a typo into a group about creating, causing inspiration to each other, and valuing creative and well done endeavors of others. the four of us have group outings and weekly challenges to keep us going which we'll update with as often as we remember. 3 out of four of us have stores while the fourth will buy anything amazing under the sun and make outrageous outfits.

and Jupi was supposed to be wearing a skirt in the pic... but she she's not. just wante dto let you know.
now i gotta go talk the other girls into introducing themselves and then i'll get around to it! ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment